Monday, December 22, 2008

Cape Town Holiday update 2!

The weather has been really great the last couple of days. Hot and sunny, beach kind of stuff!
Today has however turned in true Cape style and is overcast and a bit of rain. As this is the case it's off to Canal Walk to do that last minute shopping before Christmas.

Yesterday we took a drive to a small town on the west coast, Paternoster, and then down for lunch at Langebaan. Both towns are very holidayish, if that makes any sense with not much else to do but eat, drink and sleep or visit the beach. No swimming here though as the water is around minus three inches (freezing!!!).

Unfortunately I can't post any pics as I left my card reader at home. So when I get home I will post some holiday pics.

I also got to see four of the wind turbines that are used to generate electricity. They are massive and I'm glad I got to see them. Maybe that's odd, but you don't see them everyday, everywhere.

2 comments:

Manda said...

Sounds like so much fun!! The weather is definitely different than the -10 degrees we have here! Hope you are enjoying every minute with your family! Merry Christmas!

Miller said...

We are having a blast Manda. I don't envy the weather you are having. 10 degrees is rather chilly! Merry Christmas to you and your family at this time.