Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Sleeeeeeep

Sleep - something of a rare commodity in our house of late!

There is something going on in household that restricts one from sleeping. Just about a wewek ago Adam was rather sick with those useless things called Tonsils. So Lindsay and I got about 6hours sleep in 3days.

Sunday night comes along and Adam finally has a good nights sleep. However, my neighbour decided to braai and play a game of cricket in his backyard till midnight, so that put a stop to a good nights sleep.

Monday night, the 51st Grammy awards were televised, so that early night went out of the window.

Tuesday night, off to bed early, only to be woken by the neighbour cloding his garage door with a whole lot of effort, causing the dog to bark, my wife to jump out of bed and the maid phoning to ask if we had heard that noise. Eventually nod off and fall asleep to be woken by Kyle going to the loo at 4am, followed by the tiny pitter patter of Devon marching down the passage and climbing into our bed. 4:30am I carry Devon back to bed. 5am the alarm goes off as my wife needs to be at the swimming pool at 6am morning training. Bang goes another nights good sleep.

Tonight, I have a little work to do. No problem, the work gets completed early. Flick throught the tv channels to start the resting process and find Bafana Bafana playing against Chile....Bang again!

Tomorrow night brings about another episode of Fringe at 9:30pm for an hour, and I'm hooked, Bang goes another one!

Maybe the weekend.......

5 comments:

The Running Golfer said...

Maybe you should just give up and stay up.

Manda said...

hope Adam is feeling better....we know how it feels to lose sleep due to sickness!

It sounds like you need to get DVR, then you can record your show and watch it earlier the next day. :)

Miller said...

Sounds good Faf. I think I'm doing thst already.

Miller said...

A good idea Manda. He is better now, but I still like the sound of the DVR!

Unknown said...

Fringe rocks! We got to see half of the first season over here - then they had a break over a Christmas and I'm still waiting. They have the new season of Lost in that timeslot now. Which is all good and well but I am a few seasons behind in Lost. So no point getting lost watching new Lost when I'm still lost in the old Lost. You following me?