Thursday, February 26, 2009

Unexpected & Exciting

The two words that title this post sum up my day today. The happenings were both unexpected & exciting. You never know what the day holds for you. You never know what the future has in stall for you.

I awoke this morning expecting to go to work as usual, once work was finished head home and spend the afternoon visiting our local Spar, and then playing with the kids for a while. Well all was headed that way until about 10am. My cellphone rang. This was the call that was going to change my day, my week , my month, my outlook and everything else. It was my Mother-in law on the other end ...

A while back my Father-in law had investigated buying a franchise in a coffee company, but the timing and all was not right. So it was left alone and not spoken about till last night when he got a phone all from the franchise company to ask if he was still interested. As before I was keen to go through the investigation phase again, and wouldn't mind getting involved if given the opportunity.

The phone call was my Mother -in law asking if was interested in going to find out more and meet the director of the Franchise company. Once again I was keen to go along and listen and see what it was all about.

Another phone call soon followed to say that we needed to meet this gentleman between 2 and 3pm this afternoon. So I made the necessary plans and arrangements and headed off to see this gentleman with my Mother and Father -law.

An hour later I walked out of the offices of the company as a motivated partner in a franchisee deal. It was unexpected and sooooooo exciting! It certainly was not how I had planned my day when I got up this morning. Dad, thank you for this opportunity!!!!!!!!!!!!

So that is the story of my day. Be ready for the unexpected and be ready to change and adapt at every opportunity. I'm now going to have to learn a lot more about coffee... Beans or filter, latte or cuppachino or should we make it an espresso? Medium or dark roasted? Freshly ground?Black or white? Milk - hot or cold? Milk or froth? Or perhaps a hot chocolate....?

6 comments:

Keith said...

This sounds exciting- I wish you all the best and success! Well done.

Miller said...

Thanks Keith, I'm going to need it. The support would be good too.

Keith said...

Believe me, coffee is my vice, so I will support you all the way. I am 125% behind you and the family in this venture!

Unknown said...

That is exciting news! So does this mean you will be opening up a coffee shop like a starbucks? Or how does Office Coffee co work?
And are giving up your day job? Happy for you Marky, I'll be sure to pass around to all my mates back home that they'll need to support you guys!

Miller said...

At the moment very small Ninnles. We supply companies with coffee machines and then provide a service mantaining and supplying coffee. Keeping the day job for now till this venture explodes!

Miller said...

Thanks Keith....