Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Motivation, motivation, motivation....

So I managed another 5k today, and the best part was I made it the whole way without a walk. Yee Ha!!! This is a step in the right direction. Marching on forward to those goals. The new orthotics weren't too bad at all. So I ran a couple of seconds slower than I did on Monday, but without a walk and i felt comfortable the whole way. That means a lot.

I'm really feeling motivated about my running. I got my entry into the Sterling Light Skukuza Half Marathon today, which is taking place at the beginning of August. It is not the first time I've run this race, but what an awesome race it is. For those who have no idea about the run, it's a run that takes place in the Kruger Park with some of the kilometers being covered outside of the Skukuza main camp. A really amazing experience... What makes it better is that my Dad and I take my two older boys (Kyle and Devon) camping for the weekend of the run. To see the excitement on their faces is really worth it on its own. Last year Tim, a good friend of mine, and his wife Gill and daughter Ciara spent the weekend with us. What a way to spend a weekend..... I look forward to doing it again.

I'll keep on running and keep tracking the progress. If anyone reads this, keep on tracking my experiences with me. Till next time.

No comments: