Sunday, June 22, 2008

A New Start...

So my running carreer was put to rest for a while after I picked up an injury, but after consulting the Doc and some rest my shoes and I are ready to give it another bash.

I'm feeling somewhat motivated after my Dad has gone to run the Rio Marathon and my Broer ran his first half marathon on Saturday. His excitment of finishing and achieving a goal, and seeing his Blik (medal), has spurred me on to get cracking and set my own goals. Well, first it's back to basics..... putting on those beloved shoes and working on running a 5k. I've put together a training programme that will hopefully get me ready for the Tough One 32k at the end of November. If that all works out the hard work will start mid December and will be put to the test on the 24th May 2009 when Comrades comes around.

So little time and so much to do... I better get going and get that first 5k under the belt!

No comments: