Saturday, April 11, 2009

Songs and YOU...

What is your favourite song?

I'm sure you have been posed with question. How long did it take you to answer?

For me, this is almost impossible to answer. I have a number of songs that I love. I have a number of bands or individuals that I enjoy their music and lidtening to. Some are from the 70's, the majority from the 80's or 90's and then the current stuff. But to pick a favourite, well that is where I am stumped.

I have a playlist linked to my blog which has some of the songs I enjoy. Recently I have remembered " The Beautiful South and Song for Whoever" which I remember and enjoy. It has to be one of my all time favourites. Then there is "Benny and the Jets" by Elton John. This song i enjoyed after discovering it in a recent movie - 27 Dresses. What about "Say a little prayer" from Four weddings and a funeral? Great songs made memorable by movies. These are by no means my favourites.. but I find it difficult to even try to begin to find a favourite. David Cook, the latest American Idol is good. Then there is Daughtry from the same competition, snow Patrol, Rick Astley, Madonna, the Lighthouse Family, or Coldplay? What about the Bee Gees, Erasure, Depeche Mode or Lionel Richie for that matter? Then there is the local stuff like Watershed, Mean Mr Mustard or the Parletones? The old or the new?

Choosing a favourite song is so difficult for me. Perhaps you have it far easier and clear cut. If so, please let me know your thoughts. If not, let me know your thoughts anyway.

No comments: