Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Home again ALIVE

So I have managed to make it back home and survive another flight with three children and a petrified wife. On leaving the Cape this afternoon we were confronted with bad weather conditions which was not going to go down well with my wife. We head down the runway and after attending to the three children and checking they are ok, I focus my attention to my wife.... she is clutching the seat with knuckles turning white with fear. So we make it into the air and the plane starts to bump a little as expected due to the bad weather. The seat belt lights go off and all seems to be well. Not 30 seconds the seat belt light return to a state of glowing and the Captains voice is heard over the PA system that he recommends keeping seat belts on due to upcoming turbulence we are about to experience. No sooner had the words come out of his mouth did the plane start to rock 'n roll. I looked over to my wife who was now in a state of shock or deep prayer, I'm not too sure which, and she had clutched the man sitting next to hers arm.
After some reassuring that all was going to be OK and that we just needed to climb through the cloud, my wife seemed to ease up and remain fairly calm for the remainder of the flight.
Needless to say we arrived 40 minutes ahead of schedule due to the tail winds we experienced.

So I'm back home but wishing I was still in the Cape. What beautiful scenery and surroundings. I had to re-orientate myself with my own kitchen as I had made myself so at home and was made to feel so at home by my Broer and Sister.
Thanks for a wonderful time home away from home. We'll be seeing you shortly, just a month to go!

1 comment:

The Running Golfer said...

Glad you made it safely broer, enjoy and we`ll see you guys soon!