Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Running update...

Just a short note to let you know how the running is going.

The burning chest seems to be a distant memory along with those jelly legs a couple of weeks ago. I started off slowly setting little goals as far as mileage goes, but hey, my shoes and I are getting there. We're up to 6km now and the occasional 10km. Today I ran a 6km in 29min and felt like i could have continued. this to me is a good sign. I'm heading back to the fitness levels I long for.

On the 2nd August I am still running the Kruger Park Half Marathon, although this will not be race against the clock. It is an awesome run that I will be doing with a mate of mine, Tim, at a slow but enjoyable pace. Tim is still in the recovery process after the Comrades.

2 comments:

The Running Golfer said...

Good on you Broer, you are already running me into the ground! Bastard!
I will never run a 6km in 29 minutes! Damn, I broke my 5km record (did it on the Fernwood perimeter run which does have a major uphill, as you know!) the other day and that time was 25:44. I was so proud, now you go and do 6km in 29:00! Bastard! :-)

Miller said...

You are quite the speedy yourself Broer. I know that hill/mountain well- so good on you! Keep it up!