Sunday, October 26, 2008

Devon's Party.

Today was Devon's 4th Birthday party. The rain came down in sheets last night as you might of read in a previous post. When we drew back the curtains this morning my wife and I just lay in bed speechless,to frightened to even mention anything about the weather as it was still overcast. Admittedly it was not raining, but for how long. We pulled ourselves towards ourselves and bit the bullet. I am pleased to announce that the weather only improved as the day progressed. It turned out to a wonderful summers day on the highveld.
My Sister in-law surprised us by flying up from Cape Town for the party, as well as for work (just a day early). My wife was so surprised and excited to see her Sister that she burst in to tears. Devon says that Hayley was the best part of his day. It is a pity that my Brother in-law could not join us. That would of made a brilliant day perfect.

I have never seen so many kids at a party in my life. They came in their droves to celebrate our sons birthday. Thank you to everyone who attended the party. You made his birthday so special.

The theme of the party was "Cars". So the party was held at our local municipalities Traffic Training Facility. It turned out to be a huge success. All the kids were asked to bring their bikes to ride around on the miniature roads at the training centre. A Lightning McQueen cake was a centre piece on the table.

To my wife who headed the co-ordinating committee, thank you so much for all your hard work in making the party a huge success. To all that helped out (Mom, Dad and Kyle), thank you for all of your hard work and patience.

Now it is off to bed as tomorrow is Kyle's 15th Birthday! No rest!!!

1 comment:

The Running Golfer said...

So glad you guys had an awesome time my bru and I wish I could`ve been there.