Saturday, November 29, 2008

A British Tour

So as you may know, if you are a rugby fan and follow the Springboks, the Springboks went on a year end tour of Britain, playing the Welsh, then the Scots and finally England. The Springboks came back home victorious, winning all three matches.
This post however is not about those rugby matches but it does have something that is co-incidental with my own life.
I have never had the opportunity to travel outside of South Africa, and being in education in South Africa would probably never get the opportunity either. However, I have been given an opportunity, a once in a lifetime opportunity thanks to my in-laws (THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU) of travelling abroad. I am so excited I can hardly contain myself....... I am going to England, Wales AND Scotland in April next year for two weeks!!!!!!!!! (Not to play rugby mind you)
This seems like so long away now, but I know that time will FLY by.
We are flying in to London, and will give me a chance to visit White Heart Lane, the home of Tottenham Hotspurs, My team!!!!! A dream come true!!!!
My Mom and Grandparents on my Mother's side are from Scotland, so visiting there will also be very special for me.
Have I said Thank you yet? THANK YOU!
So it means, leaving the kids at home for two weeks.... Okay I'm over it!I know they will be in the good and capable hands of Francois and Hayley. They don't have any kids yet, so from 0 to 3 is going to be a whole lot of fun for them! THANK YOU!
I can just imagine how spoilt the kids are going to be when we are away, just to keep them entertained and quiet!(It's ok!)
So I'm off to pack...... okay maybe a little early for that, but I will be before we know it.
THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

4 comments:

Hayley said...

I am very excited for you guys....but to be honest...I am more excited for us...its going to be hectic, but a lot of fun :-)

Miller said...

Hectic for you and Faf and fun for the kids I think!

The Running Golfer said...

You must have a great time bru, it`s gonna be awesome!

Miller said...

Oh i'm going to Bru, as I don't think I'll ever get the opportunity to travel abroad again! This could be my one and only and I'm going to enjoy it as that.

You do realise that you are going to have a hectic time with the kids though?