Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The Wheel Barrow

The trampoline is in and operation 'Mountain Removal' needs to be put into action. the kids are jumping, arguing about whose turn it is, jumping some more ... (I'm sure you get the picture).
I head inside and change out of my work clothes and put on my garden kit, as soil mountain is going to be moved.

Armed with a spade and rake I head off to scatter the soil over the lawn as the Spring rains should be upon us shortly, not taking the climate changes that are taking place or the ever increasing hole in the ozone layer into account. I get stuck in. raking and shoveling, and all is going well. The next step is to put the soil into the wheel barrow, which I received as a Christmas present and which is still in showroom condition ( I haven't used it yet - the plastic is still on the handles).

I go to it's parking bay and low and behold it's not there! A search is ensued... by all in the household. How hard can it be to find a big green wheel barrow in my garden, and I'm not talking acres of garden either. High and low, under, over, inside and out. The wheel barrow is nowhere to be found. Someone has nicked the bloody thing!!! My brand spanking new, never been used before wheel barrow - NICKED!

I hope the wheel falls off, the bucket rusts through and the person who nicked it arms fall off while trying to carry out a task with MY wheel barrow!

Needless to say, I still have Soil Mountain in my backyard.

3 comments:

Hayley said...

LOL!
Sorry Mark, but it is very funny!
Maybe you can coax the boys off the trampoline to help you out....ja right!!!!!!

The Running Golfer said...

Mark, I have a hunch it`s Michael and Kirsten`s little one who nicked it, go check in their yard....

Miller said...

I'll have to do that. How the hell do you steel a flippin wheel barrow? It's not as if you can walk out with it under your arm(unless you are a watermellon farmer!)